Mia Silvas Forum Index Mia Silvas
the official forum for Mia Silvas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interview met Lucie-Silvas.Net

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toteki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Interview met Lucie-Silvas.Net Reply with quote

Andy of Lucie-Silvas.Net had a lovely interview with Mia about working with Lucie, touring and some kind of phobia for bananas. Enjoy!

Quote:

Mia Interview... - 14 Jan 2007
Hello guys & gals!

Just before jetting off to New Zealand for a break, Mia (Lucie's sister and fellow bandmate) kindly agreed to do a mini-interview with Lucie Silvas Network for the re-launch of the site!

So, an enormous thanks to Mia, and hopefully, Lucie will be getting back to us with her responses soon too... so everyone cross your fingers, and hopefully we'll get that to you soon!

If you'd like to check out Mia's music, please go over to her official site: miasilvas.com

Now, on with the interview:

What's it like being in a band with a member of your own family? Does it ever cause tension?

Mia: It's actually really great! Lucie and I are the closest of sisters, as well as being the best of friends, so it's always good fun. We look out for each other.
Of course we have our moments, all sisters do, but it never lasts long and it's normally just me being the big sister type and telling her off, but other than that, I think it's good for both of us to have support while we're on the road... If all else fails, we know we've got each other!

What are the best and worst things about your job?

Mia: I guess the best thing about it is being able to travel the world doing what we love the best, which is perform - who can ask for better than that really!?
Sometimes you feel like you're living out of your suitcase and not getting to spend much time with your friends, but the band is like our own little family, and most of us have known each other since we were kids, so friends aren't really that far away in the end. I wouldn't change it for the world!

Do you ever listen to your own music? If you do, do you have any favourites from the stuff you've written?

Mia: [Laughs] Haha, yes... all the time! People have caught me doing it... "Oh, what's that you're listening to?", "Errr, me!" [Laughs]. I like all my songs (did I say that out loud?), But I guess "A Lot Like Me" sums it all up really.
I also listen to Lucie's album a lot and I'm loving all the new songs! I think my favourites have to be 'The Same Side' (for obvious reasons), and 'Trying Not To Lose'.

Apart from your own material, which song do you wish you had written and why?

Mia: Oh god, there are so many. I Really love the Michael MacDonald song "I Can Let Go Now". I really wish I'd written that because it really sums up how I feel about a past relationship. I love singing it too.

Which is harder to write - the music or the lyrics?

Mia: I find it easier to write the melody and lyrics. I'm writing lyrics all the time (I keep a journal), so that comes pretty naturally.
Obviously I play the piano, but the process is just a little quicker when I have Jimmy or Ben sitting there playing the guitar and I can just sing along and work on it that way.

What's your favourite song to play live?

Mia: Of my own songs I guess I'd have to say Miss Communication and Trouble All the Way. Of Lucie's, I always love doing Twisting the Chain!!!!

What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you on tour?

Mia: I don't think anything that embarrassing has happened to me on tour... the guys always used to put something silly on my percussion stand every night! One time there was a severed hand, which was a bit nasty (fake of course!) - but I always dreaded them putting a banana on my stand as I have a terrible phobia (don't even think about it!). [Laughs].

Well, we hope everyone enjoyed that, and found it very enlightening, and remember... absolutely no bananas for Mia!

Once again, a massive thanks to Mia for sparing some time to answer the questions for us!

Andy
xxx

Thanx Andy!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INterview with Lucie-Silvas.net Wink Razz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahah.... Dutch/English.... Thanx for noticing, Sientje.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's really wonderful and so sweet that Mia and Lucie are so close with the fans. I really didn't expect any artist to be so nice. It just shows how normal they really are and how amazing the Silvas' are.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmfao the whole banana things gets me everytime. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x Sam x wrote:
Lmfao the whole banana things gets me everytime. Laughing

LOL poor banana.... Shocked

Sientje, you are so right.... There are more artists close to the fans, but Mia and Lucie are special ones! Actually the whole Lucie Silvas band and friends are quite accessible and normal I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mia Silvas Forum Index -> Mia Silvas Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: