Mia Silvas Forum Index Mia Silvas
the official forum for Mia Silvas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd of November - The Cobden Club, London

View previous topic :: View next topic  
x Sam x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: 2nd of November - The Cobden Club, London Reply with quote

Anyone?!

Ok so me and Nat Nat have already decided that we are going..Who is going to join us?! Laughing Razz

It's because Mia is special <3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, we do indeed wish to go oh the fabulousness! I think it will be very beneficial. Very Happy Laughing

Actually is it the 3rd or the 2nd? Shocked Surprised
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the 2nd Laughing I'll edit the title Wink

Have fun my lovely girlies! <333

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thanks marly, Myspace says the 2nd and the 3rd for some reason see... Surprised

Location: Willington near Bedford and anywhere Mia is performing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there too, look out for me.

Regards
Dud
NatalieMT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam and I actually think we won't be able to make it now...we stupidly spent ALL our money this week, I mean ALL of it and can't afford the further £120 each to get to London and stay the night. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: What do you mean you can't go? Reply with quote

I was looking forward to meeting you!

Is the problem getting to London or staying the night? I might be able to persuade the wife to offer some of the many rooms in our house for the night if that helps. She wont be going though, musical philistine, likes opera...I shall say no more.
I'm north of London near Luton, easy transport in/out of town and you might even persuade her to accompany us (!)

Regards
Dud
Toteki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day I will hop over to London for a Mia gig... Not yet... Sorry, girls.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was it??? Pics, reviews.... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Give me a chance Reply with quote

Review due a bit later today. Have to go for a dental check up first and for reasons I won't bore you with my dentist is somewhere in London and quite a way from here.

Dud
Dud

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Better late than never, review of last night at the Cobden Reply with quote

Sorry about the lateness of the posting but I’ve been out most of the day in a rare day off work. Sunday is Guy Fawkes Night in England and for those of you unfamiliar with the term it means fireworks this evening and for the next two nights at displays and in back gardens up & down the country. Unfortunately our dog gets incredibly scared and upset by them so my solution has been to watch Pink Floyds remastered “Pulse” DVD very loudly so as to drown out the bangs outside. It seems to have worked nicely. For anyone who knows anything about hi-fi I have a Naim/Linn amp/speaker set up with surround sound and the enhanced 640kbs soundtrack is fantastic. Anyway back to the review.

Arriving shortly after 8pm the event appeared to be under way with a band on the stage singing and playing. We stood at the bar listening but the performance seemed very stop start (as in they would just stop playing mid way through a song and have a chat) and I subsequently found out that due to an overrunning earlier sound check this was one of the evenings performers attempting to complete their somewhat belated check.
The venue itself is an interesting place. I don’t know what it was before it became a private members club but it had large rooms and high ceilings, bit like ex council or government offices. However the décor was slightly scientific (we thought there was a model of the solar system hanging down) and the audience were an eclectic mix.
The evening was somewhat chaotic and contrasted what a wonderfully orchestrated event the Mia-organised charity event on Sept 5th at the Bedford in Balham was. This girl has many talents besides singing! No one seemed to know when they were on or who was on next. After a few other acts one if which was good and one wasn’t particularly, Mia went on stage but not before a little more confusion as to whose turn it was.
The set was as follows
A Lot Like Me
Distraction
Miss Communication (with a wonderful Mia Pose at the start)
Trouble All the Way

Mia was accompanied by Ben Mark as usual. He sat coolly on the edge of the stage, which was a nice touch by Ben as it shifted all the stage focus to Mia. In a rare mistake he struck a lovely wrong chord during Miss Communication which amused me and I noticed Judie T chortling too.
As for appearance my clothing description skills have not improved and still cease at she was wearing clothes, but this time I can post a photo in the Pics with Mia section of the forums so that the more fashion aware than I (which is everyone) can admire Mia’s selection for the evening. In case anyone notice I often seem to be wearing a tie it’s not because I dress up for Mia (although don’t tell her that) it’s only because I tend to go to these events after work. I currently live north of London but work south of London so these events don’t give me time to go home after work and change – my usual commute is two hours each way.
So a short wait until the next Mia gig, Songbirds at the Bedford in a few weeks. I should be there and my son is threatening to come with me (he had to drop out of this event due to University theatre workshop commitments, but the same activity saw him spend the evening in an acting discussion group with Kim Cattrall earlier this week so its not all work.) I took a friend along to the Cobden who hadn’t heard Mia before and he was suitably impressed so her fame is spreading.

Regards
Dud
NatalieMT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review, sounds like you all had a nice evening! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Mia Pose Reply with quote

Dud said; "Miss Communication (with a wonderful Mia pose at start)"

That was my fault - point a camera at her and the pose comes on automatically!

I enjoyed the evening too but I'm not sure I could recommend the venue given the disorder and the constant chatter from most of the audiance - search youtube for my video of Mia Silvas performing Trouble and you will hear what I mean - and I was right at the front.

www.rhoff.org.uk
Marloes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mia pose! Surprised On stage! Surprised
Thanks Roderick! <333

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed that, Marloes.
Way to go!!!
Thanx for the review and the media!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god Surprised she looks lush <3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOILÀ: La MIAAAAA!! Awesome pic!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mia Silvas Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: