Mia Silvas Forum Index Mia Silvas
the official forum for Mia Silvas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mia in Dutch magazine!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marloes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Mia in Dutch magazine! Reply with quote

Mia and Lucie are featured in a Dutch magazine called 'Glossy'. The site even gets a mention! Surprised

I.. nearly.. cried.. Neutral

Best feature EVER!

Last edited by Marloes on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Toteki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great!!!!
What a great pictures too!!
Thanx for posting.
I never read that magazine, so I would never get to know that. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics are so gorgeous...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, wonderful! Shocked Laughing

how lovely of glossy magazine to do this! Laughing this is fantastic promo for mia! i love the bit about the mia pose lol Very Happy

and those pics are amazing Laughing

Location: Willington near Bedford and anywhere Mia is performing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can one of our dutch colleagues do an article translation? Would love to know what they said!

Regards
Dud
Marloes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I translated it last night for the Lucie forums. Here it is!

LUCIE AND MIA SILVAS
'We complete each other perfectly'

Two sisters together on stage. The youngest gets all the attention and the other stays in the shadow. Is it possible that that works? It does for Lucie Silvas and her sister Mia. They're not just blood related, they're each other's best friends ànd musical inspiration.

Lucie Silvas (29) is a star. With her first album Breathe In she touched the hearts of milion's of people and in October her latest album The Same Side was released. Mia Silvas (34) has got her own musical career, but no huge success. Mia also sings in Lucie's band and is very satisfied with her small part. And then there's another talented sister, but this Nikki lives in New Zealand and has got no need of a busy showbizz life. Lucie: 'Nikki works for a marketingcompany and is really satisfied with that. Mia and I grew up in New Zealand. We were on holiday there once when my dad found a beautiful house right next to a golf course and he bought it right away. Golf is his obsession, so we moved there. After he went through a business fiasco - I was 13 - our family moved back to London. But Nikki got homesick and went back eventually. She had a lot of friends there and loves the merciful life there. It's an amazing country with beautiful nature, the Maori-culture and relaxt people.' Mia: 'She hasn't found herself a man there yet though, becuase in New Zealand there are 3 women for 1 men, so the chance that you marry when you're young is just as big as an 80-year old widow.

Very different
If you see Lucie and Mia together you wouldn't suspect that they're sisters. Lucie is small and has got long blonde hair. Mia is a bit bigger and has got a dark pony til her eyebrows. There are more differences. Lucie knew when she was 5 that she wanted to be a singer and wrote her first song when she was 10. Mia worked for a televisioncompany for 12 years, where she also did the production of European golftournaments. They did sing together as backing vocalists for Judie Tzuke, with whom they performed on every stage in England. After that they both went their own way. Lucie got a record deal and Mia had a career as televesion producer. 'Mia is so technical', says Lucie. 'At one time she was a tourmanager and had to direct over a hundred people. Now we've got our own tourmanager, but sometimes Mia knows it better than him. This can get quite hilarious sometimes.' 'But I also love to perform and to be on stage', says Mia. 'I do realise that this won't last forever and I don't wanna fall into a black hole. I am quite versatile, if I say so myself. I'm very widely orientated and interested.' Lucie nods: 'Mia can come and tell you all of a sudden that she is going to study Japanese, those kind of things.' Their personalities quite match with their zodiac signs. Lucie is a Virgo and therefor very perfectionistic. She focuses on one goal and that's music. Mia is a Libra and approaches problems logical and dertermined. 'We complete each other perfectly', she says. 'Besides, we have played in a band together for years now, that's also one big family', Lucie says. 'We always hate it when a tour ends. We got used to that kind of solidarity at home. We were always singing. My mum still does. She's a sparkly, cheerful woman. My dad actually is really shy, but behind that there's a great sense of humor. Mia and I have always been in a quite harmonious situation. She always used to be my big sister, but as we get older the age difference dissapears. We are really close, but we do look out for the fact that my life won't become her's and vice versa. It's really easy to get involved in each other's life. We are way too happy that we can lie this live and together we enjoy it more than alone.'

No party animals
Mia: 'I write my own music and also perform solo. Otherwise I would be way too dependent on Lucie. Besides, I don't wanna be a popstar. Performing is amazing, but all the stuff around is isn't something I want. Fame doesn't appeal to me. Lucie and I never go to parties, premieres or other celebrity gatherings. After a show we won't go out or anything. Just a cup of hot choco and to bed, haha! I also hate posing. That's not my kind of thing. So I made up my own pose (she shows it and acts like a diva), but funny enough it got a life of it's own. I get lots of emails from women who do this pose. The Mia pose, they call it. That's great, but it shows that when you're an artist it's like you're in a house of glass.' Lucie agrees with her completely: 'When you're known you constantly have to watch the way you're looking, what you do and what you say. If you do something wrong, it will haunt you for years. People want to know stuff that is private for me and that's not always fun. That's why it's so amazing to have Mia there with me. Showbizz is tinsel and not everyone is honest and genuine. Eventually there are more important things in life. My family and my boyfriend are always first, then there's music and then there's success.

Always nice
Lucie has been happy with her boyfriend, a professional rugbyplayer, for 6 years now, but Mia is still single. 'Lucie looks like our mum the most, she's just as outgoing and jumpy. I look like my dad more and am a bit more serious.' Will Lucie approve her sister's future partner? 'Ofcourse, haha! No, that's not necessary. Mia knows exactly what she wants. She is kind of reserved and wants to know what she's getting herself into. She looks, listens and judges strictly. I'm not like that. I immediatly like people, til I've been proven wrong. Sometimes I know when someone isn't nice, but that doesn't mean that I have to be mean. It doesn't matter if someone's mean, because I try to deal with that. I want to value people.' Mia: 'I've been pretty dissapointed in love a couple of times, and that made me more careful. But that doesn't mean that I'm indifferent or not interested. I'm used to the failures and that's why I prefer to stay away from men til somebody earns my trust.' Interest from men isn't a problem for her, because even though she is 34, she still looks like 24. Mia is just as focused on music as she is on art, culture and golf. Lucie just goes for her career. But together they are indestructible. They don't have secrets for each other. 'That's impossible, because I find everything out right away', Mia laughs. The Silvas sisters complete each other, because of their differences, perfectly. Lucie: 'It's amazing to have Mia with me in this crazy world called showbizzness.'

----------------

And the small parts:

Blackberries
With their Blackberries Mia and Lucie stay in contact with each other. 'This is our connection', Lucie says. 'With these machines we're accessible 24/7, we can call, email.. Ideal!'

Bracelet
Mia shows us the heavy bracelets she got from Lucie for her birthday a couple of days ago. A gorgeous, black bracelet with lots of glitters: bling bling to the fullest! 'No, they're not real diamonds. Thank God, otherwise I would be too scared to wear it', Mia says. 'This bracelet shows that Lucie knows exactly what my taste is.'

Website
Mia is really happy with her own website: http://www.miasilvas.com, where she can show her own musical world. 'I love performing with Lucie, but I also got my own style and career. This website is it's symbol.'

Little bracelets
The wrists of Lucie and Mia Silvas are decorated by an identical bracelet. They bought it together once, because they both just happened to like it. They very rarely take it off. 'It's no superstition', Lucie says. 'We're just so attaced to this simple bracelet that it's become some kind of amulet.'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fascinating reading thank you very much Marly.
Are going to any of the concerts? I am thinking of attending one, just need to persuade the wife that riding the motorbike to Amsterdam will be great fun in February Twisted Evil

Dud
Toteki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never imagine Mia was 34!! She looks so young.
Anyway, it is a lovely open interview.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dud wrote:
fascinating reading thank you very much Marly.
Are going to any of the concerts? I am thinking of attending one, just need to persuade the wife that riding the motorbike to Amsterdam will be great fun in February Twisted Evil

Dud

Yes, I'm going to 3 out of 4 concerts. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha busted... now you know! I couldn't keep it a secret forever... even with the special cream lol!
Love you guys.
Mxxx
Marloes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muahaha, really babe.. Was there anybody who didn't know? Laughing But the article is right, you still look like 24! Razz Must be that special cream, yeah!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i managed to keep it a secret for soooo long Laughing

but like ive said, i thort you were 20 Very Happy

The pics are lush Neutral i want them Neutral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

34? great, not too young for me after all Twisted Evil

Dud
x Sam x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooo Laughing and i always go for older women..perfection Razz

I am joking Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which one are you not at Marly? I'm thinking of making Tilburg

Dud (who isnt too old for Mia after all)
Toteki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha.... Mia, you could have asked if they didn't publish your age.
And still, it is not that bad to have this age. It is the age you feel within. I think you feel much younger than that number.
Age is nothing but a number. Wink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dud wrote:
which one are you not at Marly? I'm thinking of making Tilburg

Dud (who isnt too old for Mia after all)

I'm not going to Groningen Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x Sam x wrote:
And i managed to keep it a secret for soooo long Laughing

4 whole months! Surprised

Anyway beautiful pictures, yes. <3<3<3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm booked for Amsterdam - couldnt get past the ticket booking page on other locations.
Hope to catch up with the Dutch Lucie and Mia fan clubs there.

Dud
Sientje

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll be meeting you then Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mia Silvas Forum Index -> Mia Silvas Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: