Mia Silvas Forum Index Mia Silvas
the official forum for Mia Silvas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mia in Germany!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toteki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Mia in Germany!!! Reply with quote

Just found this article in German about Mia.

Quote:
Die kleine Silvas

Kein Geheimnis: Sängerin und Songwriterin Lucie Silvas ist unser erklärter Redaktionsliebling. Die musikalische Begabung scheint in der Familie zu liegen: Auch Schwester Mia singt wie ein Engel.

Mia Silvas wuchs als Kind auf den Seychellen, in Neu Seeland und in Großbritannien auf. Musik spielte von klein auf eine wichtige Rolle in ihrem Leben:

Gemeinsam mit ihren Schwestern Lucie und Nikki übte sich Mia früh im Singen, nahm aber auch fleißig Klavier- und Flötenunterricht.

Seit Lucie den Durchbruch mit ihrem Debütalbum „Breathe In“ feierte, ist Mia ebenfalls professionell als Musikerin unterwegs. Doch sie unterstützt nicht nur ihre Schwester als Background-Sängerin und Percussionistin. Auch mit UK-Stars wie Judie Tzuke und Beulah hat sie bereits zusammengearbeitet.

Inzwischen schreibt Mia zunehmend an eigenen Songs und hat mit „I’m A Lot Like Me“ eine erste EP mit jazzigen Gänsehaut-Songs zusammengestellt.

Fazit: Die kleine Silvas muss sich definitiv nicht hinter ihrer großen Schwester verstecken und wird ganz sicher ihren eigenen Weg gehen!

Verwandte Künstler: Lucie Silvas, Beulah, Judie Tzuke

Links:

www.MiaSilvas.com
www.myspace.com/miasilvasmusic

Source: http://www.letmeentertainyou.de/artikel_2018.html

P.S. I got no time for an English translation, so if someone else could do it? That would be lovely, otherwise I will manage to translate it Thursday night.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I understand a little bit... so I can't translate it Smile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand any of it, so a translation would be nice Smile Thanks Patrick!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll translate it tomorrow... Tonight it is movie time. Laughing

Location: Willington near Bedford and anywhere Mia is performing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Die kleine Silvas"

all together now......ahhhhhhhh

Laughing

Dud
NatalieMT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak limited German - so I can only round up what it says in a rough way.

Singer/Songwriter Lucie Silvas is a favourite and being musical seems to run in the family - her sister Mia also sings like an angel.

Mia grew up in The Seychelles, New Zealand and Great Britain and music is an important role in her life.

With sisters Lucie and Nikki, Mia practised singing and learnt piano and flute.

Lucie Silvas celebrated her breakthrough with debut album Breathe In (this next bit I wasn't sure on so it's a guess) but Mia is also a professional musician (?). She supports not only her sister with backing vocals and percussion and has also collaborated with UK star Judie Tzuke and Beulah.

In the mean time Mia writes more of her own songs and has I'm A Lot Like Me her first EP with (not sure again on the next bit!) jazz songs (don't understand the bit after that).

Result - the small Silvas (does that even make sense!) doesn't have to hide behind her sister and will certainly go her own way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww what a lovely article, I can make sense of it cause German's quite familiar to Dutch - lovely article Very Happy thanks for posting!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I hear that a lot, but I just really can't understand German Shocked A little bit, when somebody speaks German to me, but I really can't read it.. Which is kind of weird as I live less than 30min away from the German border & my aunt lives in Germany Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mia in Germany!!! Reply with quote

Nat did a good job. Smile Just the translation I made.

Quote:
The little Silvas

It is no secret: Singer-songwriter Lucie Silvas is our declared sweetheart at the editorial staff. The musical talent seems to lay in the family: Also sister Mia sings like an angel.

Mia grew up as a child in The Seychelles, New Zealand and Great Britain. Music was an important part of her life since she was little.

Along with her sisters Lucie and Nikki, Mia practised early singing, but also took diligently lessons in the piano and the flute.

Since Lucie celebrated her breakthrough with her debut album "Breathe In", Mia is also busy as professional musician. She doesn't support just her sister as a backing vocalist or a percussionist. She co-operated also with UK-stars like Judie Tzuke and Beulah.

In the meantime Mia writes more and more her own songs and she produced jazzy goosebump songs with her EP "I'm A Lot Like Me".

Conclusion: The little Silvas doesn't need to hide behind her big sister and has to go her own way for sure!

Related artists: Lucie Silvas, Beulah, Judie Tzuke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mia Silvas Forum Index -> Mia Silvas Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: