Mia Silvas Forum Index Mia Silvas
the official forum for Mia Silvas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Lounge, Sopranos Restaurant, Kensington 19 August 2009

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dud

Location: Willington near Bedford and anywhere Mia is performing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Live Lounge, Sopranos Restaurant, Kensington 19 August 2009 Reply with quote

I should be there to see the lovely Mia, for what might be the last time in London for a while given that she has a hectic set of dates in Holland coming up.
Any other forumites going? I know Marc is trying but that he's currently booked to be listening to some other woman, the traitor Wink
Dud
Toteki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the Popronde website and Mia is no longer on the list... Weird...

Location: Willington near Bedford and anywhere Mia is performing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I could only stay for the first of Mia's two sets last night. However, she looked amazing, in a nice hooped black and white dress - and that's the limit of my fashion sense ladies, so I can't tell you any more. She was very chirpy and smiley and was kind enough to talk with me about her intentions to take a little time of performing too much in the near future because she wants to write and work on material for her next album (woo hoo!)
Mummy & Daddy Silvas were there both looking very relaxed. Mia had a group of what I suspect were old schoolfriends there too. (By that I mean they were her age and not as old as I am)
Mia sang against Jonny Dyke's piano. Having heard her with a solo acoustic guitar for so long I didn't think I would like it but it was fantastic to hear, very different but in a really positive way. I wish I had recorded all the tracks but it took me by surprise. I had a camera with me but it is a very dark venue so I suspect what I did record (the last one of the three) will be Mia's voice, Jonny's piano and a black screen - Mia's dark hair and the dark jacket she wore didn't help Laughing
Mia sang three songs A lot like me, More Fool Me and a new song That Kind of Love, which was a lovely sleepy jazz number that her voice did lovely things to. More of the same please!

One of the other artists performing on the same night, who I unfortunately I couldn't stay for, looked very promising
www.myspace.com/rachelhatfieldmusic
The one track she has up on myspace is worth a listen.

Regards
Dud
Yf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report! Sounds like a great night Very Happy
Would love to hear That Kind Of Love!

I also noticed that Mia wasn't on the Popronde website anymore, but I think we now know the reason why.
Good luck with writing Mia!! Very Happy

xxx Yvet
Toteki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice nice. Smile

Thanx for the review. Very Happy

I am glad that is sorted out then about the Popronde. A new album is more amazing than de Popronde. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah she said at Kilworth House Theatre that she was asked but that she wasn't sure whether she was going to do it. I guess she chose not too, her intentions to start working on the second album were there before she went to Nashville I believe..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mia Silvas Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: