Mia Silvas Forum Index Mia Silvas
the official forum for Mia Silvas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The music in your house as you grew up.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Dave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: The music in your house as you grew up. Reply with quote

Ok baby, I've got some questions. Cool

Let's talk about Mummy and Daddy Silverbean. Is any of mummy's music still available? Lucie's said in various interviews about the music that she liked and listened to growing up, was it all the same for you? What album's were important for you back then and maybe still now?

I read on here that you don't own any Metallica albums (what a shocker! Surprised ) which possibly answers my next question, whenever she was questioned about choosing to cover a Metallica song by interviewers, Lucie always said that when she was growing up, her sister 'was always listening to these really cool bands, like Metallica and Guns n' Roses, Rage Against the Machine and Lenny Kravitz' etc So, my question, was that you? Or was Nikki the cool one and she was rocking loud while you were a proud Spice Girls fan, dancing on the stairs and singing "if you wanna be my lover..." into a hairbrush? Razz

You hear all this rubbish about people writing their first song when they were 3 or something (c'mon man, they'd probably still be sitting on their potty! Neutral ) but how old were you when you made the transition from hairbrush and bathroom mirror to mircophone and super-stardom? Cool

How did you get involved with Judie and end up onstage staring at her all starstruck from behind? Smile
Can I stand behind you and look at your behind? Very Happy

Last question, and yes it's a biggie; if you could click your fingers (or maybe your heels together three times) and make an album appear in everyone's CD collection, what album what it be and why? Think carefully sweetcheeks, bare in mind nearly everyone who reads this will probably go and get it. Cool

Well, there ya go babycakes. I would have asked you to list all the instruments you can play, but no-one's got the time to go into all that. Rolling Eyes
Take care my little bumble-bee! Razz
King Dave
Mia Silvas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cor blimey... you don't ask too much.
I did in fact listen to all those bands that Lucie mentioned... I do have Guns n' Roses and a couple of Rage albums and a few Lenny albums. Metallica I listened to, but don't have any albums I'm afraid to say. Qotsa are also a firm favourite in the Mia camp!!!
I started singing with Judie Tzuke in '97 (was introduced by Lucie)... as for age; I started later in life than Lucie on a professional level. We are a musical family and all sang and played instruments from a very young age.
As for album, I would have to go for "Grace" by the late, great Jeff Buckley. I hope you approve.
Spk soon, Mx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly approve !!! " Grace " is such an amazing album, and a blueprint for so many of today`s bands. What a sad , sad loss ....

( sorry..not that anyone wanted MY opinion ! Embarassed )
x Sam x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I certainly approve !!! " Grace " is such an amazing album, and a blueprint for so many of today`s bands. What a sad , sad loss ....

( sorry..not that anyone wanted MY opinion ! Embarassed )

Steve? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you know it was me ? That`s spooky ..... Shocked
x Sam x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the way you type Laughing It's not a bad thing, its rather fab Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mia Silvas Forum Index -> Q&A Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: